Voice of OC posts press releases as a way of providing readers with information directly from businesses, cities, county and state agencies, political organizations and nonprofits. We do not edit or rewrite press releases. We allow readers to comment on releases, and we encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email engagement editor Julie Gallego at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Advisory Committee 2015–16
The OneCare Connect Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan), hereafter “OneCare Connect”, combines Medicare and Medi-Cal, including long-term services and supports, into a single health plan.
The CalOptima Board of Directors welcomes input and recommendations from its members and the community regarding CalOptima programs, including OneCare Connect. For this reason, CalOptima encourages members and community advocates to become involved in the OneCare Connect Member Advisory Committee (OCC MAC).
The OCC MAC will be composed of 10 voting members representing the various communities that OneCare Connect serves. The committee will report to the Board and will be asked to:
- Provide input and recommendations to the Board and staff on issues concerning OneCare Connect as directed by the Board and as permitted under the law.
- Take part in study, research and analysis of issues assigned by the Board or generated by staff or the OCC MAC.
- Serve as liaison between interested parties and the Board. Assist the Board and staff in obtaining public opinion on issues related to OneCare Connect.
- Create recommendations on issues for study to the CalOptima Board for its approval and consideration, as well as facilitate community outreach for OneCare Connect and the Board.At this time, CalOptima is seeking OneCare Connect members and family members of OneCare Connect members to participate on its OCC MAC. Service on the OCC MAC is voluntary and with no salary. The following one- or two-year seats are available:
• OneCare Connect member or family member of a OneCare Connect member (three seats) One seat will serve a one-year term
Two seats will serve two-year terms
The committee encourages interested individuals with knowledge of or experience with OneCare Connect, Medicare, Medi-Cal and dual eligible populations to apply.
To apply (find application here), please mail or email the attached member application by October 2, 2015, along with a biography or résumé to:
Attn: Becki Melli 505 City Parkway West
Orange, CA 92868 Email: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please call 1-714-246-8635.