The following is a press release from an organization unaffiliated with Voice of OC. The views expressed here are not those of Voice of OC.
January 7, 2015
Contact: Dave Jacobson, (818) 943-2348
SANTA ANA SCHOOL POLICE OFFICERS’ ASSN. ENDORSES LOU CORREA FOR CONGRESS
SANTA ANA, CA— Illustrating his extensive public safety support, today former State Senator Lou Correa secured a pivotal endorsement from the Santa Ana School Police Officers’ Association (SASPOA) in his campaign to represent California’s 46th Congressional District seat. The endorsement further validates Correa has law enforcements choice in the race, following recent endorsements from the California Police Chiefs’ Association and the National Latino Peace Officers Association.
In announcing their endorsement, Michael Johnson, Police Officer and President of the Santa Ana School Police Officers’ Association (SASPOA)wrote the following to the Correa for Congress campaign:
“The Santa Ana School Police Officers Association (SASPOA) would like to go on the record as endorsing Mr. Lou Correa who is running for United States Congress, representing District 46.
“Lou Correa has been a hard working loyal public servant and friend to the local community, California Law enforcement and the Santa Ana School Police Officers Association. He has sponsored, as well as authored numerous bills that have assisted Law Enforcement with keeping the citizens and our students safe. With proud enthusiasm, the Santa Ana School Police Officers Association supports Mr. Lou Correa for United States Congress.”
Today’s endorsement announcement comes on the heels of a new poll showing Correa with an enormous lead, nearly 30-points ahead of his closest competitor.
The poll, conducted by Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates, is relatively fresh out of the field, and was conducted from December 13th through December 16th. The initial results show Correa with a decisive lead over all other candidates:
- 37% Lou Correa
- 5% Joe Dunn
- 4%* Jordan Brandman
- 8% Bao Nguyen
- 12% Adam Nick
- 1% Other
- 33% Undecided
After messaging, Correa’s support grows to 43%, while the other candidates’ totals remain nearly unchanged. The memo showed Correa with a net favorability rating more than double that of any other candidate in the race.
To read the polling memo, click here.
- California Police Chiefs’ Association
- National Latino Peace Officers Association
- California Small Business Association
- Building Our Leadership Diversity (BOLD) PAC
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 36
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 501
- House Democratic Caucus Chair & Congressman Xavier Becerra
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chair and Congresswoman Linda Sánchez
- Congresswoman & former State Assembly Speaker Karen Bass
- Congressman Juan Vargas
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal
- Congressman Pete Aguilar
- Congressman Ted Lieu
- Congressman Tony Cardenas
- Congresswoman Norma Torres
- Congressman Raul Ruiz, MD.
- Congressman Ruben Gallego
- Congressman Luis Gutierrez
- Congressman Ruben Hinojosa
- Congressman Filemon Vela
- California’s State Treasurer John Chiang
- California’s Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson
- California State Senate President Pro-Tem Kevin de León
- California Board of Equalization Chair Jerome Horton
- California Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante (Ret.)
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Chair and State Assemblyman Luis Alejo
- California Legislative Black Caucus Chair & State Assemblyman Reggie Jones-Sawyer
- California State Senator and former Air Force General Richard Roth
- California State Senator & LGBT trailblazer Mark Leno
- California State Senator & Labor Committee Chair Tony Mendoza
- California State Assemblywoman & former San Diego Central Labor Council Leader Lorena Gonzalez
- California State Assemblyman Henry Perea
- Santa Ana City Council Member Michele Martinez
- Santa Ana Unified School District Board President John Palacio
- Santa Ana Unified School District Clerk Valerie Amezcua
- Santa Ana Unified School District Board Member José Alfredo Hernández, J.D.
- Anaheim Union High School District Board President Annemarie Randle-Trejo
- Anaheim Union High School District Board Member Al Jabbar
- Anaheim City School District Board of Education President Bob Gardner
- Anaheim City School District Board of Education Member Ryan Ruelas
- Anaheim Police Chief John Welter (Ret.)*
- City of Garden Grove City Council Member Kris Beard
- Huntington Beach Unified School District Board Member Bonnie Castrey
- Los Angeles City Councilman, past State Senator Gil Cedillo
- Artesia City Council Member Ali Sajjad Taj
- South County Labor Chair Ray Cordova*
- Orange County-based LGBT activist Gregory Willenborg*
Correa served in the California State Senate, representing the 34th District, from 2006- 2014 and served the cities of Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Stanton and Westminster. Prior to the Senate, he served on the Orange County Board of Supervisors representing the 1st District. Before his time on the Board, Correa served in the California State Assembly representing the 69th District.
*Titles for Identification Purposes Only.
For more information, please visit www.LouCorrea.com.
Voice of OC posts press releases to provide readers with information directly from organizations. We do not edit or rewrite press releases, and encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email email@example.com