The following is a press release from an organization unaffiliated with Voice of OC. The views expressed here are not those of Voice of OC.
Recruitment Now Open for the CalOptima Board of Directors
The Health Care Agency is pleased to announce that recruitment is now open for the CalOptima Board of Directors. A county-organized health system, CalOptima serves more than 770,000 low-income children, adults, seniors and persons with disabilities. CalOptima was formed in 1995 in response to a healthcare system that was struggling to meet the needs of vulnerable Orange County residents. Today, CalOptima has grown to be the second largest health insurer in Orange County, but stayed true to its mission of providing members with access to quality health care services.
The Health Care Agency is seeking applicants who represent the diverse backgrounds, interests and demographics of Orange County residents and have the experience and expertise to operate a public healthcare system.
To apply for a seat on the CalOptima Board of Directors, please complete an application by April 15, 2016.Applications can be found on the Health Care Agency’s website at http://ochealthinfo.com/caloptima. Please send a completed application and resume to:
Health Care Agency, Attn: Donna Grubaugh
405 W. 5th St., Ste. 458
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Please note all applications are public records.
Selected applicants will serve a four-year term, beginning on August 4, 2016, with the option to serve an additional four-year term, subject to reappointment by the Orange County Board of Supervisors. CalOptima Board meetings are typically held on the first Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. at CalOptima, located at 505 City Parkway W. in the City of Orange.
Applications are being accepted for seven seats on the CalOptima Board of Directors:
- One person who is a current hospital administrator or is a former hospital administrator;
- One person who is a licensed medical provider in current practice and who is not an owner or officer or a member of the board of directors of:
- a)A contracted independent physician’s association; or,
- b)A health network;
- One person who is a licensed physician in current practice and who is also a representative of a contracted independent physician’s association or health network;
- One person of the public who is a legal resident of Orange County;
- One person who has any of the following qualifications, with prior health care system experience preferred:
- a)Professional accounting experience; or
- b)Professional public finance experience; or
- c)Is an actively-licensed attorney;
- One person who is a representative of a community clinic;
- One person who is a current CalOptima member or is a family member of a current CalOptima member. For the purposes of this subdivision, “family member” means a parent, sibling, foster parent, or legal guardian of a CalOptima member.
Voice of OC posts press releases to provide readers with information directly from organizations. We do not edit or rewrite press releases, and encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email firstname.lastname@example.org