The Voice of OC news team works around the clock to get you the public a seat at the table.
Every day public agencies across the county are deciding on issues involving public health, public funds, public lands and public services.
Voice of OC is Orange County’s institution dedicated to getting the public involved in those discussions: reporting the truth and pushing agencies to allow for public participation.
Just in the past few weeks you can see this firsthand in our coverage:
- Writing about how public comments are being stifled amid the shift to virtual meetings.
- Revealing how Great Park homeowners are not allowed a full voice in deciding how their special taxes are spent and where.
- Publishing the first database of written public comments submitted to the Orange County Board of Education and now trying to discern a way of making the remaining 4,000+ emails also available for public review.
- Reviewing the Santa Ana City Council’s grappling with incorporating public comment into each virtual meeting.
- Writing about concerns of a voter access desert in Santa Ana.
- Continuing coverage of how a lack of information is limiting Angel Stadium negotiations.
- Reporting on moves in Mission Viejo to extend council members’ terms while a new voting plan is selected.
Please, take the time today to start your contribution to continue our pursuit for the truth.
Since you've made it this far,
You are obviously connected to your community and value good journalism. As an independent and local nonprofit, our news is accessible to all, regardless of what they can afford. Our newsroom centers on Orange County’s civic and cultural life, not ad-driven clickbait. Our reporters hold powerful interests accountable to protect your quality of life. But it’s not free to produce. It depends on donors like you.
Join the conversation: In lieu of comments, we encourage readers to engage with us across a variety of mediums. Join our Facebook discussion. Message us via our website or staff page. Send us a secure tip. Share your thoughts in a community opinion piece.