Orange County’s 420,000 registered No Party Preference voters are crucial to the 2020 elections because their share of the electorate has nearly doubled in the last 20 years, while Republicans have been bleeding numbers and Democrats made modest increases.
March 2020 Primary Election Guide
Orange County Republicans need to distance themselves from President Donald Trump to regain the offices they lost in November and Democrats can’t overplay their hand in order to keep the legislative seats they gained heading into 2020, according to policy and elections specialists.
Brough has reportedly withdrawn his request for a re-election endorsement from the OCGOP after several women, including Orange County Supervisor Lisa Bartlett, come forward to complain about harassment.
STATE SENATE - 29th
STATE SENATE - 37th
STATE ASSEMBLY - 55th
STATE ASSEMBLY - 65th
STATE ASSEMBLY - 68th
STATE ASSEMBLY - 69th
STATE ASSEMBLY - 72nd
STATE ASSEMBLY - 73rd
STATE ASSEMBLY - 74th
CITY REPRESENTATIVES & MEASURES
Bacerra won the Ward 4 seat he lost last year to Roman Reyna, who later resigned and pled guilty to election fraud after Bacerra pursued legal action against him.
City Council and mayor elections are scheduled for November, with candidate filing deadlines typically in August.
Measures as of Dec. 4:
- • Capistrano Unified School Facilities Improvement District 2, Bond Measure Resolution
- • Capistrano Unified School District School Facilities Improvement District 3, Bond Measure
- • Anaheim Union High School District Bond Measure Resolution
- • Tustin Unified School District Resolution - School Facilities Improvement District
- • Saddleback Valley Unified School District Bond Measure
- • County Charter Amendment
- • Rancho Santiago Community College District Resolution
- • Fullerton Joint Union High School District Resolution
- • Fullerton Elementary School District Resolution
- • Brea Olinda Unified School District Resolution
- • Lowell Joint School District Resolution
Several Democrats are challenging First District County Supervisor Andrew Do. Meanwhile, Third District County Supervisor Don Wagner has drawn a sole challenger, Asheigh Aitken - who lost a close battle for Anaheim's Mayor's seat last year.
OC SUPERVISOR - 1st District
OC SUPERVISOR - 3rd District
OC BOARD OF EDUCATION - Area 1
OC BOARD OF EDUCATION - Area 3
OC BOARD OF EDUCATION - Area 4