Topping this week’s public meeting agendas is a nearly $127 million contract to build a transportation hub in Anaheim.
The Anaheim City Council is set to vote Tuesday evening on the contract with Clark Construction Group — California to build the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), which is envisioned to connect buses, taxis and possibly the state’s planned high-speed rail system.
The project has been controversial. Critics question the wisdom of building ARTIC’s grand terminal structure with public resources. As planned, the terminal would cover 56,000 square feet and be 120 feet tall.
However, the Orange County grand jury investigated the project and found that the “iconic” structure would be a positive addition to Orange County’s landscape and will lead to greater private investment.
Here’s a rundown of other items on this week’s meeting agendas:
Orange County Board of Supervisors Special Meeting, Monday, Aug. 27, at 1 p.m.
- Appointment of an interim Orange County CEO.
Orange County Transportation Authority, Monday, Aug. 27, at 9 a.m.
- Agreements for on-call operational and technical services — totaling $600,000 — for the Route 91 freeway.
- Measure M1 and Measure M2 progress reports.
- Measure M2 M2020 plan to advance projects between now and the year 2020.
- A Route 91 express lane update.
- The Interstate 405 freeway toll revenue reinvestment plan.
Anaheim City Council, Tuesday, Aug. 28, at 5 p.m.
- A $126,997,000 contract with Clark Construction Group — California to build the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center.
- Update on the city’s graffiti removal contract.
- Update on the city’s enterprise zone.
Fullerton City Council Special Meeting, Monday, Aug. 28, at 6:30 p.m.
- An overview of the city’s Public Records Act procedures.
- Update on civil unrest in Anaheim.
- An infrastructure status update.