The following is a press release from an organization unaffiliated with Voice of OC. The views expressed here are not those of Voice of OC
Extension of Candidate Filing Period for the Presidential General Election
SANTA ANA, CA – August 12, 2016 – The Registrar of Voters announced today that the nomination period has been extended until August 17, 2016, 5:00 p.m. for the offices listed below because the incumbent failed to file Nomination Papers by the August 12, 2016 deadline.
Any qualified person, other than the incumbent, can now file the Nomination Papers until August 17, 2016, 5:00 p.m., in the office of the Registrar of Voters, 1300 South Grand Avenue, Building C, Santa Ana, California.
Business hours are:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For further information, call the Registrar of Voters office at 714-567-7600, hit option “0” and ask for “Candidate and Voters Services” division.
CONTESTS THAT HAVE HAD THE CANDIDATE FILING EXTENDED:
- North Orange County Community College District, Trustee Area 2
- North Orange County Community College District, Trustee Area 7
- Capistrano Unified School District, Trustee Area 3
- Irvine Unified School District
- Laguna Beach Unified School District
- Orange Unified School District, Trustee Area 6
- Saddleback Valley Unified School District
- Santa Ana Unified School District
- Huntington Beach City School District
- Ocean View School District
- Westminster School District
- Capistrano Bay Community Services District
- Emerald Bay Service District
- Surfside Colony Community Services District
- Three Arch Bay Community Services District
- Silverado-Modjeska Recreation and Park District
- Surfside Colony Storm Water Protection District
- South Coast Water District
- Yorba Linda Water District
- Municipal Water District of Orange County, Division 7
Voice of OC posts press releases to provide readers with information directly from organizations. We do not edit or rewrite press releases, and encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email firstname.lastname@example.org
Since you've made it this far,
You are obviously connected to your community and value good journalism. As an independent and local nonprofit, our news is accessible to all, regardless of what they can afford. Our newsroom centers on Orange County’s civic and cultural life, not ad-driven clickbait. Our reporters hold powerful interests accountable to protect your quality of life. But it’s not free to produce. It depends on donors like you.
Join the conversation: In lieu of comments, we encourage readers to engage with us across a variety of mediums. Join our Facebook discussion. Message us via our website or staff page. Send us a secure tip. Share your thoughts in a community opinion piece.