We believe in the power of a community-supported nonprofit model to save local news.
Being a nonprofit allows us to focus all of our small team’s energy on serving the community. Being paywall-free allows everyone to read our stories. Being ad-free allows our news team to only write about stories integral to your quality of life.
And your recurring donation directly allows us to continue and expand our work.
Take a look at some of our most recent impactful stories:
- A food drive feeds 250 people in Placentia.
- A UCI Professor and local composer is helping musicians connect to play music live.
- We have been documenting each step of negotiations between the city of Anaheim and the Angels to sell the public land to the team, including stories before and after review by the planning commission.
- We continue to report on government wrestling over where to build a veterans cemetery.
- We write a story every day on the Coronavirus pandemic with the goal of helping readers make sense of all the numbers, opening changes and government reports.