Voice of OC is again putting the public centerstage in civic discussions — this time focusing on answering questions the day before the statewide June 15 COVID-19 reopening.
This panel will answer essential questions and provide vital information the day before mask orders and other distancing measures are relaxed June 15 across the state.
The experts will also discuss a potential fall wave, the possibility of booster vaccines and what hitting herd immunity means for Orange County.
The discussion is set for 6-7 p.m. Monday, June 14, and will be broadcast on Facebook and on the Voice of OC website.
Voice of OC Publisher & Editor-in-Chief Norberto Santana, Jr. and Reporter Spencer Custodio will host the discussion. Guests include:
- Andrew Noymer, an UC Irvine epidemiologist and associate professor of population health and disease prevention in public health.
- Sanghyuk Shin, an UC Irvine epidemiologist and director of the UCI Infectious Disease Science Initiative.
- Alex Rossel, CEO of Families Together, a nonprofit health clinic in Garden Grove and Tustin that has administered more than 40,000 vaccine doses so far.
- Dr. Lowell Gordon, chief medical officer at Families Together.
- Lucy Dunn, president and CEO of the Orange County Business Council.
- Gloria Alvarado, executive director of the Orange County Labor Federation.
Please share your questions you’d like asked by emailing email@example.com and Voice of OC will select some of the questions to be asked during the live video call.