This tumultuous year has proven the essential nature of nonpartisan local news. Every day we bring you news critical to staying informed and active in the community. Join us with a tax-deductible donation.
The Voice of OC news team is your personal, real-time government monitor.
While you spend your summer relaxing, our ace reporters are mining agendas for upcoming public meetings, requesting public records and writing unmatched and informative local government stories every day.
We’re not here to tell the stories elected officials want you to hear. We’re not here for a political party or any power brokers. We do all of this for you.
And we do this with your support, as thousands of local residents have joined us as regular donors.
Please, consider joining them today with a $10 monthly tax-deductible donation.
Just look at some of our most recent impacts in your community:
- We told you before the OC supervisor meeting that they might grant the chair control over all appointments to county boards, commissions and committees for seats that aren’t designated for specific supervisors’ districts.
- We let you know that the Mission Viejo City Council was about to secretly discuss choosing a new election system.
- Before the redistricting process is too far along, we informed you of mounting concerns that OC’s supervisors will use the moment to protect their own re-elections by jettisoning parts of their district that didn’t vote for them, and adding in areas that are more favorable at the ballot box.
- We told you about residents frustrated over a nearby asphalt factory months ago and now we’re updating you to say they’ve filed a lawsuit.
- We are keeping you updated on efforts to vaccinate homeless people across the county against COVID-19.
- We let you know the latest on OC’s new power authority which is now criticized for a lack of transparency.
- And we let you know — on a Saturday — that Cypress is looking to join a growing list of Orange County cities that have faced the challenge of figuring out– whether empty seats on a city council should be filled by appointment as opposed to special elections.
We offer our valuable news to the community free of paywalls and free of ads. Your donation empowers the entire community. Give what you can today to bring local news to those who can’t.CLICK HERE to become a Voice of OC donor today.