A live map of California wildfires with the latest local and state perimeter data, historical information and other metadata relevant to wildfires. The latest available wildfire data is turned ON by default and the other metadata described below is OFF by default (click the arrow button at the top left of the map to turn on individual layers).
- Active wildfires in California from the National Interagency Fire Center. (Only fires over 100 acres in size are included on the map. Map points updated by 8 a.m. daily M-F and map text updated by 9 a.m. daily M-F when active fires are being tracked by Cal OES. If a state of emergency has been issued, the map will be updated by 8 a.m. daily also on Saturdays and Sundays. Fires are shown as contained once it has reached at least 90% containment.)
- Perimeters for active California fires (same data information as aforementioned).
- Active wildfires in the United States from the National Interagency Fire Center.
- Fire perimeters for historical California fires for the last 50 years.
- Areas in California seen as at high-risk of a wildfire.
- California vegetation by type (legend explains the color-coding by plant and tree type).
- Fire stations and other fire facilities across the state.