Top items on this week’s public meeting agendas include the county reviewing its overall strategic plan and Anaheim approving a $9.6-million consulting contract for its proposed Anaheim Rapid Connection resort streetcar system.
The Orange County Board of Supervisors will meet at the Santa Ana Police Department on Tuesday to discuss its strategic plan, which details the county’s strategy for tackling its most pressing financial and policy issues.
Among the elements up for discussion are how to stabilize the county budget, implementing “a competent and cost effective technology model,” wrapping up labor negotiations over employee benefits and implementing social and health care mandates.
In Anaheim, the City Council will consider approving of a major consulting contract with Hill International for its proposed streetcar system that would primarily run through the city’s resort district.
Under the contract, Hill would “provide consultant services” for environmental review and preliminary design.
Here is a rundown of agendas:
Orange County Board of Supervisors, Strategic Planning Workshop, Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 8 a.m.
- Discuss county strategic plan, including budget stabilization, implementing “a competent and cost effective technology model,” wrapping up negotiations over employee benefits and implementing social and health care mandates.
Orange County Board of Supervisors, Special Meeting, Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 1:30 p.m.
- Approve start of negotiations with Xerox, SAIC, and Verizon for countywide IT services.
Anaheim City Council, Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 5 p.m.
- Approve a $9.6-million consulting contract with Hill International Inc. for the Anaheim Rapid Connection (ARC) fixed guideway project.
- Approve a $100,000-contract increase to KPMG LLP for ARTIC project management consulting and financial advisory services and allow city staff to approve expenses up to 15 percent above the new total contract amount.
- Approve in concept establishment of a pilot program to assist homeless families with children in Anaheim schools.
- Approve purchase of a $254,000 (plus tax) urban search and rescue (USAR) trailer for the Fire Department from Emergency Vehicle Group Inc. of Anaheim.
Irvine City Council, Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 4 p.m.
- Receive fiscal year 2012 capital improvement and special funds year-end report.
- Receive comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) for fiscal year 2012.
- Issue a $38.7-million bond for Assessment District No. 11-24.
Newport Beach City Council, Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 7 p.m.
- Approval of reimbursing The Irvine Company $123,000 for Newport Center tree replacements, per a 1985 agreement.
- Approving $20,000 in salary increases for the city clerk and city manager while increasing the amount they pay toward their retirement benefits.
Garden Grove City Council, Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m.
- Approving a new four-year contract for the city manager, the details of which are not included in the city staff report.
- Approval of a $143,000 contract with Siemens Industry Inc. for Energy Management System software upgrades.
- Receive a report from the Orange County Human Relations Commission.