Coming up this week, Anaheim chooses a new city attorney, and Santa Ana appoints an interim city manager.
In the wake of the firing of Anaheim City Attorney Cristina Talley, the Anaheim City Council is set Monday to appoint an interim city attorney and discuss the dismissal-release of an unnamed city employee.
The action comes after Talley was forced to resign last week by the council majority for unclear reasons.
Talley has told city officials that they likely violated the state’s open meetings law when City Manager Bob Wingenroth failed to report out of closed session that the council majority asked Talley to resign.
It’s unclear who has been giving legal advice to council members since her resignation.
And in Santa Ana, council members will go into closed session on Monday to discuss appointing an interim city manager after Paul Walters resigned last week.
Laguna Niguel is also set to discuss appointing a new city manager.
Here are some top issues coming up this week:
Santa Ana City Council, Monday, Feb. 4, at 5 p.m.
- An ordinance revising the city’s alcohol and entertainment rules.
- Reimbursing Orange County for petition signature verification on an initiative to allow medical marijuana shops in the city.
- Appointments to various city boards.
- Agreement with Graffiti Protective Coatings Inc. for contract graffiti removal services.
- A $120,000 public education grant for the Discovery Science Center.
- Donation of a 1921 Seagrave fire engine and $5,000 to the Santa Ana Fire Museum and approval of a license agreement to keep a plaque on city property.
- Appointing an interim city manager.
Anaheim City Council, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 3:30 p.m.
- Midyear budget review workshop.
- Setting aside a $158-million tax subsidy for the GardenWalk hotels project, as required by a successful lawsuit against the city.
- Retrofitting a 2006 Crimson tractor-drawn aerial fire apparatus.
- Approving a master agreement with 31 prequalified consulting firms.
- Agreement with the the Service Employees International Union, Local 1877.
- Appointing an interim city attorney and dismissal-release of an unnamed public employee.
Orange County Board of Supervisors, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 9:30 a.m.
- Award a $8.7-million design-build contract for John Wayne Airport’s Maintenance Building Project to Snyder Langston LP.
- Award $2-million in contracts to Discovery Science Center and Angels Baseball to promote EcoChallenge exhibits, with the option to extend contracts for an additional $800,000.
- Approve cancellation of fiscal year 2013 Orange County Green Fair.
- Appointing a new county CEO.
- Performance evaluation of County Counsel Nick Chrisos.
Dana Point City Council, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 5 p.m.
- Review a draft ordinance of regulations for rental properties.
Laguna Hills City Council, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 6 p.m.
- Interviews and appointments for Traffic Commission and Parks and Recreation Commission.
Laguna Niguel City Council, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 7 p.m.
- Appointment of a new city manager to replace interim City Manager Tim Casey.
Lake Forest City Council, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 5:30 p.m.
- Discuss letters submitted by Trumark Cos. and Brookfield Homes regarding residential development in the Foothill Ranch Auto Centre.
- Closed session real property negotiations with Trumark Cos. and Brookfield Homes
Mission Viejo City Council, Monday, Feb. 4, at 6 p.m.
- Approve a rate increase of $3.16 for trash taken to the Southeast Resource Recovery Facility for a proposed rate of $65.03 per ton.
San Clemente City Council, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 6 p.m.
- Discuss methods for safe pharmaceutical waste disposal.
Staff writer Adam Elmahrek and intern Brendan Wiles contributed to this report.