Tune in to NPR radio affiliate KPCC, 89.3 FM, Thursday at 11:40 a.m. for the Orange County Journalists Roundtable on AirTalk with host Larry Mantle.
This week’s segment features OC Register columnist Martin Wisckol, KPCC reporter Ben Bergman and Voice of OC Editor-in-Chief Norberto Santana Jr.
This week’s topics include:
- Prosecutors clearing the Anaheim police officers who shot and killed Manuel Diaz in the back of the head.
- The uncertain fate of Newport Beach’s bonfire pits.
- The future of the San Onofre nuclear plant.
- OC’s voter rolls shrinking by 17 percent.
- State Sen. Lou Correa’s power as an unpredictable voter in the Legislature.
- County Supervisor John Moorlach considers a run for governor.
- Controversy surrounding $24,000 in county payments to Anaheim City Councilman Jordan Brandman.
The broadcast can be heard live online, heard later online or downloaded as a podcast.
Since you've made it this far,
You are obviously connected to your community and value good journalism. As an independent and local nonprofit, our news is accessible to all, regardless of what they can afford. Our newsroom centers on Orange County’s civic and cultural life, not ad-driven clickbait. Our reporters hold powerful interests accountable to protect your quality of life. But it’s not free to produce. It depends on donors like you.
Join the conversation: In lieu of comments, we encourage readers to engage with us across a variety of mediums. Join our Facebook discussion. Message us via our website or staff page. Send us a secure tip. Share your thoughts in a community opinion piece.