With a Sunday deadline looming to sign up for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act, those needing help with the process can attend a health fair on Saturday in Santa Ana.
The health fair, sponsored by the SEIU-UHW healthcare workers union, will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Santa Ana's Second Baptist Church at 4300 Westminster. Anyone who hasn't yet signed up for coverage through Medi-Cal or Covered California is encouraged to attend.
Come midnight Sunday, those who don't have health coverage will be subject to fines under the Affordable Care Act.
Each person who wants to enroll at the fair needs to bring the following:
* Proof of identity such as a photo ID, driver’s license or passport.
* Proof of address such as a piece of postmarked mail.
* Proof of income such as the last 30 days of paystubs or tax filings from 2013.
* Proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, permanent resident card, or certificate of citizenship or naturalization.
* Date of birth, social security number, and home ZIP code for each family member.