Voice of OC posts press releases as a way of providing readers with information directly from businesses, cities, county and state agencies, political organizations and nonprofits. We do not edit or rewrite press releases. We allow readers to comment on releases, and we encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email email@example.com.
To read the guidelines for submitting press releases click here.
- 7/31/14 – Saddleback Canyons Conservancy receives map of project concept
- 9/2/14 – OC Public Works announces using Federal Highway Safety Improvement Plan funds to improve canyon roadways
- 11/15 – design completed
- 1/16 – bids open
- 11/16 – construction begins
- 3/17 – project completed
- 9/29/14 – Saddleback Canyons Conservancy meets with OC Public Works to address plans to:
- Widen shoulders (4-foot radius) to ease turns
- Add guardrails
- Add signs
- 10/3/14 – Email from OC Public Works on the project, “If you have any questions, please email or call me or my supervisor, Edward Frondoso at 714-245-4587“
- 10/28/14 – Trabuco Canyon Womens’ Club express their concern via email
- 10/29/14 – Email from OC Public Works that an internal meeting will be held to review the Saddleback Canyon Conservancy’s concerns.
- 1/8/15 – Last email from OC Public Works, “All of the traffic safety features discussed during our meeting in September are still recommended.”
Since you've made it this far,
You are obviously connected to your community and value good journalism. As an independent and local nonprofit, our news is accessible to all, regardless of what they can afford. Our newsroom centers on Orange County’s civic and cultural life, not ad-driven clickbait. Our reporters hold powerful interests accountable to protect your quality of life. But it’s not free to produce. It depends on donors like you.
Join the conversation: In lieu of comments, we encourage readers to engage with us across a variety of mediums. Join our Facebook discussion. Message us via our website or staff page. Send us a secure tip. Share your thoughts in a community opinion piece.