Voice of OC posts press releases as a way of providing readers with information directly from businesses, cities, county and state agencies, political organizations and nonprofits. We do not edit or rewrite press releases. We allow readers to comment on releases, and we encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read the guidelines for submitting press releases click here.
- 7/31/14 – Saddleback Canyons Conservancy receives map of project concept
- 9/2/14 – OC Public Works announces using Federal Highway Safety Improvement Plan funds to improve canyon roadways
- 11/15 – design completed
- 1/16 – bids open
- 11/16 – construction begins
- 3/17 – project completed
- 9/29/14 – Saddleback Canyons Conservancy meets with OC Public Works to address plans to:
- Widen shoulders (4-foot radius) to ease turns
- Add guardrails
- Add signs
- 10/3/14 – Email from OC Public Works on the project, “If you have any questions, please email or call me or my supervisor, Edward Frondoso at 714-245-4587“
- 10/28/14 – Trabuco Canyon Womens’ Club express their concern via email
- 10/29/14 – Email from OC Public Works that an internal meeting will be held to review the Saddleback Canyon Conservancy’s concerns.
- 1/8/15 – Last email from OC Public Works, “All of the traffic safety features discussed during our meeting in September are still recommended.”