The following is a press release from an organization unaffiliated with Voice of OC. The views expressed here are not those of Voice of OC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CALOPTIMA WELCOMES BOARD MEMBERS
Orange County Board of Supervisors Appointees Bring a Wealth of Experience
ORANGE, Calif. (August 4, 2016) — Community and health care leaders were sworn in on CalOptima’s Board of Directors today. The Orange County Board of Supervisors appointed six new members and reappointed one member to serve on the Board, which was reconstituted to have 10 seats, with nine voting members. The appointees’ terms end August 3, 2020.
- Ria Berger,CEO of Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County, serves in the seat for a community clinic representative.
- Ron DiLuigi, a retired health system executive, holds the public seat for a resident of Orange County.
- Dr. Nikan Khatibi, a pain and addiction medicine specialist, serves in the seat for a physician who is not affiliated with a contracted health network.
- Alexander Nguyen, M.D., a resident in psychiatry at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center whose mother is a CalOptima member, represents current recipients of CalOptima services in the seat for a CalOptima member or family member.
- Lee Penrose, CEO of St. Jude Medical Center, is reappointed to fill the seat for a hospital administrator.
- J. Scott Schoeffel, an attorney with Buchalter Nemer, fills the seat for a legal or finance professional.
- Paul Yost, M.D., an anesthesiologist at CHOC Children’s and St. Joseph Hospital, serves in the seat for a physician who is affiliated with a contracted health network.
The remaining three seats are filled by returning Board members, including Supervisor Lisa Bartlett, Supervisor Andrew Do, and Mark Refowitz, Board chair and director of the Orange County Health Care Agency (non-voting member). Supervisor Todd Spitzer is an alternate.
“The Board members’ diverse credentials and experience will benefit our agency and provide valuable insight,” said Michael Schrader, CalOptima Chief Executive Officer. “I look forward to collaborating with the Board to ensure that CalOptima, as a public agency, remains responsive to the health care needs of our members.”
Voice of OC posts press releases to provide readers with information directly from organizations. We do not edit or rewrite press releases, and encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email email@example.com