The following is a press release from an organization unaffiliated with Voice of OC. The views expressed here are not those of Voice of OC.
Environmental Remediation Project Update: February 1, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Carrie Braun
Below please find updates on the environmental remediation project that required the County of Orange to temporarily close a portion of the Santa Ana River Trail from Memory Lane/Garden Grove Boulevard in Orange to Taft Avenue/Ball Road in Anaheim beginning January 22.
Project Status Updates:
- Debris Removed (Jan. 22 – 26): Approximately 62 tons
- Human Waste Removed (Jan. 22 – 26): Approximately 400 pounds
- Needles Removed (Jan. 22 –28): Approximately 2,290 needles
- Number of Tents (Jan. 22 – Feb. 1): Decrease of approximately 30 percent
- Arrests Made (Jan. 22 – Feb. 1): 34 arrests
- Individuals Referred/Transported by the County to Shelter (Jan. 22 – Feb. 1): 27 individuals (14 to the Courtyard Transitional Center, 2 to Bridges at Kraemer Place, 1 to the Orange County Armory Emergency Shelter Program, 10 to non-County shelters)
- Total Individuals Connected to More Permanent Housing Solutions through City Net (July 1, 2017 – Jan. 31, 2018): 202 individuals
For information about the environmental remediation project, read the County of Orange press release distributed January 8. Additional information on project progress will be shared on a weekly basis.
For more information about the County of Orange, visit www.ocgov.com.
Voice of OC posts press releases to provide readers with information directly from organizations. We do not edit or rewrite press releases, and encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information.
To submit a press release email firstname.lastname@example.org.