This tumultuous year has proven the essential nature of nonpartisan local news. Every day we bring you news critical to staying informed and active in the community. Join us with a tax-deductible donation.
Imagine your civic life without Voice of OC’s news stories as your daily informative guide.
Think about the public records – such as information on how CARES Act funds were disseminated – that would have remained locked up in a drawer.
Consider the lack of information you’d have access to ahead of local government meetings on vital topics such as the county’s multi-billion dollar budget.
Contemplate facing Coronavirus without Voice of OC’s news stories and infographics informing you of the latest community risks and looming government decisions.
Reflect on how many questions you would have remaining in your head that you didn’t get a chance to get answered in Voice of OC’s live COVID discussions.
Now, thank Voice of OC’s generous donors.
Nearly four-thousand people have stepped up in Orange County and said that they believe so strongly in real nonpartisan local news that they have committed personal money to the cause.
And now, here’s your chance. Your opportunity to join the Voice of OC movement. To put your own money up — however much you can afford — to defend your quality of life.
Just look at some of our most recent impacts in your community:
- After residents expressed deep anger about being shut out from public meetings – being forced to wait six hours to give public comment, Voice of OC published 170 public comments in a story published before the county’s budget hearing.
- We continue to give coverage to jobsite regulations as they are drafted in real time, with the latest being debates on wearing masks in the workplace.
- Our newsroom told residents about Orange County’s slow moving police oversight office which has yet to release its first report after years of silence.
- Our reporters partnered with the Anaheim High School news team to put together a joint story on the $500,000 cost of a graduation at Angel Stadium. Figuring out why they couldn’t graduate at the baseball park was at a dead-end until the Voice of OC news team got involved and helped get some answers.
- Curious if the county’s draft budget looks like it is defunding the sheriff? Have no fear, the Voice of OC newsroom dove into all the records and found the other pots of money allocated which puts the 2022 draft budget over the previous year’s budgeted amount.
- We continue to bring together local experts to answer your questions on core Orange County issues such as the county budget and the latest on Coronavirus.
We offer our valuable news to the community free of paywalls and free of ads. Your donation empowers the entire community. Give what you can today to bring local news to those who can’t. CLICK HERE to become a Voice of OC donor today.