Voice of OC posts press releases as a way of providing readers with information directly from businesses, cities, county and state agencies, political organizations and nonprofits. We do not edit or rewrite press releases. We allow readers to comment on releases, and we encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. To submit a press release email engagement editor Julie Gallego at email@example.com.
The CalOptima Board of Directors welcomes input and recommendations from the provider community regarding issues concerning CalOptima programs. For this reason, the CalOptima Board encourages providers to become involved through an advisory group known as the Provider Advisory Committee (PAC).
The Provider Advisory Committee advises the CalOptima Board of Directors and staff. It is composed of 15 members representing diverse provider constituencies. These include, but are not limited to, health plans, hospitals, physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, long-term care services and community health centers. The charge of the committee is to:
- Provide advice and recommendations to the CalOptima Board on issues concerning CalOptima programs as directed by the CalOptima Board.
- Engage in study, research and analysis of issues assigned by the Board or generated by the committee.
- Serve as a liaison between interested parties and the Board.
- Assist the Board in obtaining public opinion on issues relating to CalOptima programs.
- Initiate recommendations on issues for study to the CalOptima Board for their approval andconsideration.
- Facilitate community outreach for CalOptima and the Board.At this time, CalOptima is seeking candidates to participate on its Provider Advisory Committee (PAC). Service on the PAC is voluntary and with no salary. The following three-year seat is available:
• Behavioral/Mental Health Representative
The committee encourages interested individuals with knowledge and support of Medi-Cal and Medicare programs to apply. To apply or to nominate an individual for the Provider Advisory Committee, please mail, fax or email the attached candidate application by Friday, October 9, 2015, along with a biography or résumé and at least two letters of reference to:
Attn: Maria Wahab 505 City Parkway West
Orange, CA 92868 Fax: 714-796-6679
If you have any questions, please call Maria Wahab at 714-796-6143.